The term AIOps or Artificial Intelligence for IT operations was originally coined by Gartner in the year 2016. AIOps supports all IT operators by combining big data, machine language, and visualization. Bringing AIOps into effective action, you can automate application performance monitoring (APM), network performance monitoring (NPM) and diagnostics (NPMD). It also analyzes data challenges across the volume, variety, and velocity.
Why do you need AIOps?
With the growing use of cloud, distributed architecture, and multi-level data, your organization may experience more monotonous jobs, which may increase your employees’ workload, DevOps processes, and application alerts. By choosing an AIOps platform, you can free your resources to spend their time on enhancing business productivity.
Business benefits of AIOps
You can experience the following advantages by using an AIOps platform:
· You can proactively fix IT issues by identifying the problem source.
· You can avoid server downtime and enhance the customer experience.
· Speed up root cause analysis and noise remediation.
· Automate tedious manual tasks and mundane jobs.
· You can correlate information across different service owners and reduce disruption to end-users.
· Anamoly detection in AIOps will detect underlying threats or performance issues that occur.
· Rates the performance metrics based on false positives and false positives.
· Provide insights on what drives costs by understanding the hardware capabilities and how they can be optimized.
· As it correlates data from different data sources in one place, existing users can easily make new decisions and streamlines the learning experience to new members.
· It helps to avoid key approaching issues proactively.
· It helps to make data-driven decisions that help your business to stay up to date with emerging trends.
Who is benefited by AIOps?
Large enterprises with complex IT environments spanning across multiple technologies will face complexities in ITOps and solving issues. Those organizations can make use of AIOps to bring success to their company.
An organization that adopts the DevOps model struggle to keep track of different roles, but by integrating AIOps platform with Development and Operation systems helps to avoid conflicts and provide better visibility. When the development team is making changes and deployments, it provides a comprehensive view of overall performance, goals and enhances agility.
Organizations using cloud architecture can make use of the AIOps platform to get a holistic view across all infrastructure types, avoid the risk of handing hybrid cloud platform, identifies relationships to be documented, and integrates diverse forms of IT infrastructure delivery.
How it can be used?
The AIOps can be implemented through use cases, below are some of the use cases where you can implement AIOps.
In the development lifecycle, enormous data are generated through different logs including application logs, monitoring logs, performance data, and more. By using AIOps, machine learning algorithms can be applied to those data sets to analyze the problem areas and provide recommended changes to the development team.
AIOps gathers the data from user stories, sprints, bug raised & fixed, and development velocity. As all the data is in one place, the machine learning algorithm analyzes the data together and also analyzes the data for individual developers and teams. It also takes care of preparing and sending reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. It ensures that an organization experience high efficiency, lower failures, and less trouble.
The user stories and application features can be tested using AIOps. The test cases including unit test cases, regression test cases, feature test cases, regression test cases, and others are resource-driven and require a lot of time and effort. With AIOps, you can make complex decisions and create alerts for potential problems without human intervention by delivering the best customer experiences.
The successful implementation of AIOps will help you to stay ahead of the competition and provide the best opportunities to take your company to the next level. Many CIOs believe that it is the future of IT for next-generation enterprises to improve user experience and reduce costs.